Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Derpy Dragon in 3D.

Hello!
I've got stuff lying around in my sketchbook & on my laptop so will try to post them up soon.

In the meantime, guess what, I got fanart 
&
in 3D! 
My talented, not to mention, awesome friend, Ivan modelled my derpy dragon doodle (which I have to thank him for since he suggested derpy dragons as a theme) because he liked it for some reason, haha.







video

He even rendered out a turntable, whoop whoop!
(I apologise for the video quality, I used the default video uploader on blogger and it killed it. U_U)
It's always cool to see something done in 2D turned into 3D & this wasn't even a proper drawing.

Thank you so much again Ivan!

Do go check out his other works, he does mostly matte painting, concept design and well, he's multi-talented, so clickity click on one of those links below.



4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. Your character translates really well into 3d. Ivan did a great job :) Would love to see him animated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it translates well, good thing the drawing isn't in a really flat style. I'll be sure to tell him, he'd be happy to hear it! Hahaha, oh man, it would be awesome if his animated. Ivan modelled in zbrush though, not sure if he brought it into maya to fix the topology and stuff since that will help a lot with the rigging.

      Delete
  2. This would be awesome turned into a vinyl figurine too... I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would?! Very happy to know that, derpy dragon is probably doing a derpy dance right now. Haha, I have yet to tell Ivan about 3D printing this/turning it into a figurine since someone else suggested it, definitely will mention it to him and see what he thinks, it'd be a fun idea. :B

      Delete